University of Charleston
Located in West Virginia's capital city, the University of Charleston (UC) is a private, coeducational university serving approximately 2,620 students from 49 states and 53 countries. UC offers over 40 academic programs, including associate, bachelor and graduate-level degrees in various disciplines, emphasizing career readiness, innovation and leadership. The university's mission is to educate each student for a life of productive work, enlightened living and community involvement.
- U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks the University of Charleston among the top regional colleges in the South
- In 1995, the university successfully developed an outcomes-based curriculum known as Learning Your Way, which has receiv
- University of Charleston is one of The Princeton Review?s Best 371 Colleges 2012 Edition
- The university employs roughly 300 people and has an estimated $85 million impact on the local economy annually
- The university offers 24 academic undergraduate majors
Located off MacCorkle Avenue between the South Hills Bridge and Kanawha City on the banks of the Kanawha River directly across from the WV State Capitol.