- Renewable Energy Companies
- Research, Exploration & Development
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company connects chemistry and innovation with the principles of sustainability to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, renewable energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's diversified industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 160 countries and in high growth sectors such as electronics, water, energy, coatings and agriculture. In 2012, Dow had annual sales of $57 billion and employed approximately 54,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 5,000 products are manufactured at 188 sites in 36 countries across the globe. References to ''Dow'' or the ''Company'' mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
Dow people around the world develop solutions for society based on Dow's inherent strength in science and technology. For over two decades, we have embraced and advocated Responsible Care®, a voluntary industry-wide commitment to safely handle our chemicals from inception in the laboratory to ultimate disposal. This worldwide commitment helps consumers lead better lives, customers succeed, stockholders prosper, employees achieve and communities thrive.
- Dow's scientific and technological advances are used nearly everything we touch, watch and wear
- Dow Healthcare and Medical is committed to making every life one lived healthier
- Dow works collaboratively to develop solutions that make traditional energy sources more efficient
- We operate 197 sites in 36 countries and are serving customers in approximately 160 countries