Chemical Alliance Zone
- NonProfit Community Organizations / Foundations
The Chemical Alliance Zone (CAZ) creates, initiates, and facilitates chemistry-related business opportunities, leading to new investments and jobs ... and thus opportunities for other businesses and organizations in WV. CAZ is a nonprofit economic development organization dedicated to supporting and advancing the chemical industry and the business of chemistry (including biotechnology, energy, green chemistry, and others) across West Virginia.
- Involved in brining Odebrecht and Braskem cracker to Parkersburg
- Involved in saving the Tech Park and facilitating the donation of the Dow Technical Park to the State of WV
- Involved in bringing Kureha to the DuPont Belle facility, a $200+ million investment with 50+ jobs
- Started the Advanced Process Technology Program now within the state's Community and Technology College system
- Launched ChemCeption, the nation's only incubator focused solely on commercializing chemistry-based technologies