- NonProfit Community Organizations / Foundations
- Research, Exploration & Development
MATRIC, The Mid-Atlantic Technology, Research & Innovation Center, serves a global customer base within the chemical, energy, environmental and advanced software industries. MATRIC strives to deliver solutions to complex problems of society and business through market-driven innovation. Its core services focus on chemical process technologies, technical engineering and software technologies.
With highly experienced staff, MATRIC has more than 30 PhD-level experts who develop, test, and commercialize many of the processes that have dramatically changed and influenced the petrochemical industry worldwide.
MATRIC utilizes its experienced and renowned staff, unique laboratory and pilot plant facilities, and flexible intellectual property models to create value for customers and investors around the world.
- MATRIC's staff average over 25 years in their fields and are inventors of more than 500 U.S. patents
- 2019 R&D 100 Award recipient for work with the National Energy Technology Laboratory on The Offshore Risk Modeling Suite
- Customer BioAmber Inc. won the EPA's 2011 Presidential Green Chemistry Award with technology co-developed by MATRIC
- MATRIC staff have received multiple Kirkpatrick Awards for commercial implementation of chemical technology
- Internationally publicized response modeling system developed by advanced software technologies division for FEMA
MATRIC is located inside the West Virginia Regional Technology Park at Building 740