- Public Services & Utilities
Appalachian Power serves nearly one million customers in West Virginia, Virginia and Tennessee. It is headquartered in Charleston, WV with regulatory and external affairs offices in Charleston, WV and Richmond, VA.
Appalachian Power is part of the American Electric Power (AEP) system, one of the largest electric utilities in the U.S.A., delivering electricity to more than 5 million customers in 11 states.
- Serving nearly 500,000 customers in WV
- Employs nearly 3,500 people generating $200 million in wages
- Generates more than 900 mw of electricity
- 9,195 miles of service territory