Business Outreach Specialist
The full-time, exempt position will connect manufacturers across West Virginia to the wide array of services and equipment RCBI has available. The Specialist will support new entrepreneurial development and business formations to encourage a robust business-to-business (B2B) network for supply chain participants and other manufacturers, so they expand their market opportunities and connect those companies with other business support services in the region offered by federal, state, and local agencies and non-profits.
Successful candidate will work one-on-one with manufacturing clients by:
- Assessing needs of manufacturers and connecting them with services such as, equipment, design engineering, quality management systems, certifications, workforce development, etc.
- Promoting workforce development training opportunities for individuals and manufacturers
- Enhance entrepreneurial activity by connecting clients to RCBI’s prototyping and shared manufacturing equipment capabilities
- Refer clients to partners and service providers when needed
- Build and maintain professional relationships with businesses and partner organizations across West Virginia and surrounding states
- Collaborate closely with all RCBI departments and facilities
- Submit regular reports on activities and utilize a Custom-Relations-Management database system
- Three (3) years’ experience in industrial sales and/or business, community, or workforce development
- Travel across the region
- Proficient in basic office software
Preference given to candidates with a college degree in business or a related field as well as to those with manufacturing, business and/or entrepreneurial experience. Experience in the aerospace industry is ideal.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Application Procedure: To apply, log in at https://marshall.peopleadmin.com/postings/21012.
Position is open until filled. Marshall University and the Marshall University Research Corporation are EEO/AA employers.