Senior E&I Engineer
Kureha is the first chemical plant in the world to successfully develop a manufacturing process for Polyglycolic Acid, a biodegradable plastic. With high mechanical strength and high gas barrier properties, our product is attracting interest around the world.
Effective immediately, Kureha is accepting resumes for the position of Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer. This position provides electrical and instrumentation functional engineering leadership on plant projects and plant reliability and maintenance activities. The position provides detailed, technical, robust design solutions in support of capital investment to expand site electrical infrastructure and enhance the reliability of plant (E&I) systems; and provides direction and support to Kureha Belle Site personnel in maintaining, troubleshooting, and enhancing the site’s E&I assets.
Here are a few primary functions:
· Provide leadership and technical solutions to ensure the highest standards for Safety, Health, and Environment, and Quality are achieved.
· Develop and lead Kureha Belle Plant’s E&I strategy.
· Act as a “Change Agent” in the site’s E&I and controls functions, and lead and/or participate in developing recommendations for new systems as well as improving existing systems’ safety, maintainability, availability, and reliability.
· Mentor supervisors, craft, and operation leaders to improve the team’s overall understanding of the facility’s E&I and controls systems.
· Perform assignments (production, maintenance, process, capital projects, etc.) involving the application of established E&I and controls technology and principles. This work often requires coordination with other engineering and functional competencies to provide economical and expedient task implementation.
· Lead engineering efforts through all phases of plant projects – conceptual, feasibility, scope definition, cost estimates, functional requirements, system design, scheduling, procurement, construction, testing, commissioning, startup, and validation. Lead or support E&I and controls engineering efforts for projects when not assigned as the lead Project Engineer.
· Manage and ensure contractors meet safety, quality, schedule, and cost objectives; and adhere to company and Belle Site policies and procedures.
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
· Minimum 8 years of experience in electrical and instrumentation engineering and maintenance, process control, and reliability in manufacturing, power, or other related industry.
· Demonstrated experience in project engineering and leading multidisciplinary teams on projects.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package, paid time off, and 401K with employer match. If you meet the minimum requirements and are looking for the opportunity to work hard and make a significant contribution to our dynamic company please submit a cover letter, your resume and salary requirements.
To apply send current cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org