Kureha was the first in the world to successfully develop an industrial manufacturing process for PGA. It's unique combination of qualities, such as biodegradability, high mechanical strength and high gas barrier properties, are attracting interest from markets globally. The exceptional properties of PGA have led to global market development in a wide range of fields, including shale gas extraction and industrial processes, as well as packaging materials. For more about Kureha PGA and our biodegradable plastic products, visit http://www.kureha.com/product-groups/pga.htm
The Production Engineer supports plant operations with chemical engineering expertise. Become a technology expert for Kureha PGA processes. Contribute to plant and process design and implementation, and support production teams to work safely to achieve targets in the areas of production, cost, and quality product. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Work closely with PGA technology experts to learn the PGA plant process and equipment
- Provide chemical engineering input into design changes including process safety and process control
- Develop and update Operating Procedures and training materials, and lead training
- Monitor product and process performance; set-up and/or participate in executing systems to track performance and prioritize improvement opportunities
- Develop and implement process “best practices”, standards/policies.
- Productivity improvements and work processes for operations that address safety, quality, efficiency and reliability
- Provide process engineering support for projects including develop basic data, conduct PHA or MOC review, and design oversight.
- Work with operators and mechanics to develop Job Hazard Analyses and implement appropriate mitigation for hazards identified.
· 3+ years of experience in chemical engineering with a working knowledge of chemical process operations, OSHA and PSM.
· Chemical or polymer manufacturing experience is preferred.
· Demonstrated experience working with teams.
· Demonstrated experience in getting results, meeting commitments & problem-solving skills.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package, paid time off, and 401K with employer match. If you meet the minimum requirements and are looking for the opportunity to work hard and make a significant contribution to our dynamic company please submit a cover letter, your resume and salary requirements.